THERE IS SOMETHING IN THE WATER
Confession #1: No, I am not pregnant. Sorry if the pictures I’ve been posting on Instagram and the title of this post made you think otherwise. ;)
Confession #2: I have thought about deleting the fitness tab of my blog at least 2x this year. (Buuuut, I wont… ) And if any fitness/health gurus out there want to contribute, I’m always up for a collaboration. Just shoot me an email.
Confession #3: 99% of the time, the only drink available in my house is water. (Sorry, I’m not really sorry. I love love love water and you should too!)
Human survival is dependent on water – It is known that the human body can last weeks without food, but only a few days without water. Weather, health, and living conditions can factor into how long you can live without water. But on average, if you go 3-5 days without any water intake, you will perish. Yikes!
Also, did you know that as you age your body loses water content? Upon birth, our body is made up of 90% water… But average adults have about 70% water content and with age the percentage decreases to about 60-50%.
Therefore, today’s post… You guessed it, it’s a tribute to H2O! Here are 10 ways that water can improve your health & fitness.
- Drinking water increases your metabolism and can help with weight loss.
- Water moisturizes from within and nourishes your skin.
- Drinking water can give you smoother & shinier hair.
- Water brightens you eyes and can reduce puffiness.
- Water boosts your energy and lowers stress.
- Drinking water helps build muscle.
- Water prevents muscle cramping & lubricates joints.
- Water shrinks pores & prevents future breakouts.
- Water helps with digestion and constipation.
- And best of all, it saves money!
Ready to increase your water intake? Here are 10 tips to help your daily water consumption.
- Set an alarm! In fact, as soon as your morning alarm goes off and you’re out of bed, start your day with a glass full of water. This will get your metabolism off to a good start!
- Keep water bottles in different locations, in your car, office, or gym bag.
- Infuse your water with flavor. Add lemon/lime or any fruit to spice-up your water.
- When eating out, avoid ordering sodas or juices and ask for good ol’ tap water instead.
- Challenge a friend to a healthy competition. Who can drink 8 glasses a day first? Having an exciting prize at the end of the week may help. ;)
- Drink at least 2 glasses per meal, one before and one after.
- Drinking juice? Dilute it with water, it also saves you some calories…
- Enjoy a nice warm herbal tea as an afternoon treat!
- Invest in a good filter.
- Consume more watermelon, cucumber, celery & oranges. These fruits and vegetables are not only delicious but they also offer a high water content which will help your hydration.
There you have it! Now go on, take a sip and enjoy the benefits…. Ahhhh!