POST HOLIDAY WORKOUT
We’ve officially made it through Thanksgiving and Christmas, now to face New Year’s Eve…
Perhaps, you’re like me and you’ve given yourself the gift of indulgence during this holiday season. Don’t worry no one is judging, enjoying the holidays with family, friends and delicious food is a must!
But now, it’s time to get back into learning/practicing healthy habits.
Exercising and eating healthy shouldn’t just be resolutions you make, they should be daily practices.
So here are a few things you can do to melt away those holiday pounds and boost-up your metabolism:
Post Holiday Tips
- Drink more water. Replacing juices/sodas for water is probably one of the easiest ways to shed those extra inches. It’s pretty simple:
Soda = Processed Sugar
Processed Sugar = Carbohydrates
Carbohydrates = Slower Metabolism
Slower Metabolism = Weight Gain
- Eat breakfast daily. Just like your car needs gasoline to start running, your body needs fuel to get your metabolism going. A healthy breakfast can consist of a fruit, Greek yogurt, or egg whites with whole wheat toast.
- Simplify and shop the perimeter. Don’t go crazy and start a new complicated diet that requires you to count calories or measure portions. Simplify, focus on eating more fruits/greens and learn to shop for groceries around the perimeters. (Avoid isles as they usually contain processed foods.)
- Replace whites with browns. Replace white rice, white pasta, and white bread with brown rice, whole wheat pasta, and whole wheat bread. This will increase you fiber content, and minerals/vitamin intake.
- Set a goal. Whether it’s walking, jogging, dancing or playing a sport, spend at least 20 minutes a day doing some type of cardiovascular activity. And if you’re feeling up to a challenge, get started today with our post holiday workout.
Post Holiday Workout