NO-BAKE STRAWBERRY MOUSSE PIE
It’s been a while since I’ve shared a recipe. I think the last one I shared was eons ago, probably my No Bake Energy Bites?
Well, since I’ve been trying to savor the last days of summer — I got inspired to share an oldie but a goodie childhood favorite, I call it the No-bake Strawberry Mousse Pie. My sister and I used to make it all the time growing up, I’m pretty sure it was a Kraft recipe we found in the lid of a Cool Whip, but we’ve adapted it some for ourselves.
It’s my kind of dessert, lite and slightly tart. Hope you like it!
Prep time: 10 Min
Yields: 8-10 servings
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) Strawberry Flavored Jell-o
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water or 1 cup of ice
- 1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip Whip
- 1 ready-to-use Graham Cracker pie crust (6 oz.)
- 3 cups fresh strawberries
- Place water to boil.
- Slice strawberries and set aside for later use.
- Make Jell-o mix according to instructions on the box; be sure to stir mixture until it is completely dissolved.
- Add ice or cold water to gelatin; stir until slightly thickened. (Instead of using one cup of cold water, you can also use one cup of ice to speed up the thickening of the mixture.)
- Whisk in Cool Whip to make a pink mixture. Fold-in 2 cups chopped berries. Set aside remaining strawberries for pie toppings.
- Refrigerate 45 minutes until mixture has thickened. (I’ve sometimes skipped this step altogether and place the mixture directly onto the pie.)
- Spoon mix into crust.
- To let the mixture thicken and mound well, refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Top with sliced berries just before serving.