Hello Flair Miami readers! My name is Sabrina and I am the new Summer intern at Flair Miami. Originally an Orlando native, I came to Miami seeking excitement, city life and internship opportunities.
I’ve been blessed with the chance to work with Flair Miami for the summer. Blogging and fashion have always been passions of mine, so much that I created my own lifestyle blog, Sabrina Captures. I’m looking forward to everything I will learn by working with a well-seasoned blog like Flair Miami.
I chose to intern in Miami this summer because my hope is to live in this amazing city and work in advertising and public relations. I’m truly living the tourist Miami life on South Beach and as a result I’ve found myself falling in love with the city. There is life, creativity, and diversity every where you turn! From the little bit of exploring I’ve done I’m coming to appreciate the Miami beyond beach and party scenes.
My favorite locations have been the local hole-in-the wall restaurants and little art stores that I’ve found myself stumbling into. Juice and Java on Washington, Books and Books on Miracle Mile, and Pinocchio Italian Deli on 8th and Ocean are a few of the hidden gems I’ve come across.
Although I’ve enjoyed going out to new restaurants every night, that won’t be possible much longer on a college students budget. This has forced me to enjoy the more organic things about the city like workouts on the beach, walking along the Wynwood Walls, or stopping to watch a street act share their talent. With all that Miami has to offer I’m beginning to see that even in a big city like this it’s possible to find your niche. Blogging about all of it with Flair Miami might just be mine.
Can you believe we are already in the month of September? So many things have been going on here at Flair Miami, and we are happy to be able to share our journey with you! With that being said, we have some things coming up that we want our readers to be prepared for…
- Get ready to get competitive! Some of our upcoming stories will involve contests/giveaways, so get ready to interact as you read! Stay tuned because we’ll have prizes you don’t want to miss.
- Friday’s will now be know as Fashion Fridays! So follow us each Friday to keep up to date with the latest fashion trends, Flair Miami style.
- Finally, get on-the-go information on upcoming events via our Twitter and Facebook. Go to our “Get Social” section on the side bar to the right, and follow/like our Twitter and Facebook pages!
And readers, your input is extremely important to us, and we’d really appreciate it if you’d let us know what your favorite stories have been so far, and why. Also, if there are any topics you’d like to know more of, let us know! So please, comment below and share with us what you are thinking!
We can’t wait to hear what some of you have to say. Thank you for reading, and have a beautiful September!
My name is Giselle Valenzano and I was born and raised right here in the beautiful MIA. If I’m not working or studying for an exam, you’ll find me at the beach reading, practicing yoga at the park, or at home drawing and painting (a new found hobby of mine)!
My passion for reading, writing, and the fun things in life is what brought me to Flair Miami. By interning here I hope to get as much experience as I can, while giving readers my take on the wonderful things that go on in my home town.
This opportunity is the first step to reaching my goal to become a successful writer, and I hope you enjoy reading my stories just as much as I enjoy sharing them!
Great things are happening at Flair Miami, it has been a little over 2 months since we’ve gone live and there is so much to tell…
- Flair Miami now has a new team member, an awesome new intern. Please join me as we welcome, Giselle Valenzano!
- Giselle couldn’t have joined at a better time, my husband and I will be leaving on a trip to Europe tomorrow morning. Germany, Italy, Austria, and France, here we come!
- Last but not least, so far we’ve reached over 2,000 people with our posts. Woo hoo! Thank YOU so much for reading and for joining us on this journey.